Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tuesday, August 25


Tuesday, August 25

I got up at 8:00 am today to take Juliet to the local vet to find out why she's had blood in her urine for the past 3 or 4 weeks. He thinks it is probably a urinary tract infection and put her on antibiotics. If she isn't doing better in a few days,


the next step would be an ultrasound to see if she has stones in her bladder or possibly a tumor. Fortunately, she does not seem to be in any pain from this, whatever it is.


My aunt and uncle had a busy morning (besides taking us to the vet's office) with a carpenter coming to fix the steps down to the dock, a carpet cleaner coming to clean
the carpets, and the gardener coming to trim the hedges. At 12:30, just in time for lunch, my cousin Julie (their daughter) arrived from her house in New Jersey, about an hour away. After we ate, she helped me take out a back seat cushion from the Roadtrek so I could check the water level in my house battery (it was fine) and retrieve some packages that I had stored underneath. After stowing some souvenirs and things I've bought back under there, we set of with some chairs, Uncle Sam, and the dogs to go down to the dock.

None of us wanted to go swimming, but we all enjoyed dangling our feet in the water and talking, all while absorbing the relaxing view of the tranquil lake. Julie left before dinner and after dinner we watched a little of the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" which I'd brought along on DVD. I took a bath, worked on the blog, and then out to the Roadtrek. And thus ends another relaxing day at Walton Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment