Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday, Aug. 1



Saturday, Aug. 1

I had a 2-hour drive today to "Wally World," an RPI campground in Loudonville, Ohio, which I was SURE would have internet connections.  (I had heard of this place before so I figured it must be a large, modern campground.  I think, in retrospect, that I was thinking of the "Wally World" in the movie "Vacation" which was probably NOT the same place).  Nuvi took me on an interesting route through the Amish countryside (including some unpaved roads), and I encountered my first buggy as I came over a hill and nearly slammed into it.  You will all be happy to know that I am no longer driving 80 mph in this part of the US.  Buggy drivers seem very friendly and wave to me as my 8-horse power vehicle SLOWLY passes their 2-horse power vehicle.
"Wally World" was a disappointment in that not only did it not have WiFi, I couldn't even get any cell service to call home.  Apparently it was named for the road it was on.  (Wally Scenic By-way).   It was, however, along the Mohican River and I could sit there and watch canoes and kayaks go by all evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment