Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tuesday, Aug. 18



Tuesday, Aug. 18

This was the day to cross the border back into the United States. I had carefully hidden dry dog food and zip-loc bags of dog cookies (treats) in various places in the Roadtrek because 2 years ago when crossing the border at Vancouver, British Columbia, I was detained for several hours because I was bringing dog food not in its original container back into the USA. (I don't normally break the law and am not a smuggler at heart, but I can't see any logical reason that dry dog biscuits and/food that was bought in the US and hadn't been out of the camper, has to be thrown out after a few days in Canada.) Anyway, this time they didn't even ask about any dog food and I was even able to bring a nectarine, a bag of carrots, and a bag of sugar snap peas (which I did tell them about and was prepared to lose,) across without any problems.
I drove the 10 miles or so to the campground I had selected and took the rest of the day off. (yes, that means a long afternoon nap). I did call Dave and got to hear his voice after a week of no telephone communication. I got caught up a little on my blog although I had to walk with the computer late at night across the campground to a spot where the cell signal was strong enough to post. Cost me about 2 dozen mosquito bites. Talked with some nice neighbors for a while too. And that was Tuesday. The photos are of this campground (called Niagra's Lazy Lakes), one of the Lazy Lakes, and the two flags at the border line. Not too exciting of a day, but I like to have a "down day" occasionally. Tomorrow will be more exciting because I am visiting the US side of the Falls.
Now, have to try to remember where I hid all the dog food....

No comments:

Post a Comment