Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thursday, Sept. 3

After I bid Julie and Arnie farewell I said good-bye to Hillsdale, New Jersey, and began my trek westward. I did make a little detour to Stony Point, NY, about 45 minutes away, to meet Doris MacKenzie, another Solo Roadtrekker I'd "met" on our solos cyber-chatroom, but never actually met in person. She was recuperating from a hip replacement operation but getting around pretty well. We sat on her front porch and talked for a couple hours. She has a beautiful yard which she maintains herself and is extremely talented in many forms of sewing and fabric crafts. It sure is fun to meet interesting new people!




Doris has a little Shih Tzu named Molly. After a little sniffing, Juliet and Molly both layed down and napped while Doris and I talked. Maggie decided to stay in the Roadtrek at first.







Later in the visit Maggie agreed to come out and visit with Molly too. They all got along well.


I left Doris' around 5:00 pm and made my way back to I-80 West, which will be my main road for the next few days. I didn't get too far today, though. I spent the night in a WalMart parking lot in Mt. Olive, NJ, with no electricity but an excellent AT&T signal which allowed me to do some blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment