Monday, September 21, 2009

Saturday, Sept. 19 - Rosh Hashana




Kol Ami is a combination Reform/Conservative temple. Today they had separate services for the two. I went to the Conservative Services which were led by a different rabbi as Rabbi Rosen was leading the Reform services. He was pretty good, plus we had the Cantor, choir, and organist. It was nice.




After the services ended, everyone was invited to attend any one of a dozen potluck dairy luncheons at various members houses. This was so nice, especially for an out-of-towner like me. I randomly chose the home of Sara and Eric Shapiro, which turned out to be a lovely, large home on the top of a hill with a gorgeous view of the valley on all sides. There were about 50 people there and they were all so friendly. I met several very interesting people, enjoyed the food and conversations and left feeling almost like I was a member of Kol Ami. I am looking forward to seeing my new friends at services tomorrow!

Tonight there was a huge thunder and lightning storm over the mountains. At the campground we only got some wind and a little rain, but it was really neat to watch from my cozy little house. I took some movies of it but no still photos. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment