Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Saturday, Sept. 5

I was happy to see the refrigerator temperature was in the low 40's this morning. I think the cleaning out they did helped and maybe my only problem was that the flame blew out (or maybe I forgot to light it the day before yesterday?). Anyway, I think my prayers were answered and I will not have to buy ice for my "icebox" like in years past.
I was a bad girl last night and stayed up until 5:00 am working on the blog. I got up at 11:00 and finished what I wanted to on it and set off for a "driving day." At 4:00 I got sleepy, pulled over, and took a 1.5 hour nap, then drove another hour which got me near Toledo, Ohio. I had called ahead to the KOA located there and they called back in the late afternoon to say they were full. I pulled over into one of the nice "service areas" they have along the Ohio Turnpike thinking I would look in my various camping books and find another place. I went into the very nice building (several fast food restaurants, Starbucks, etc.) and discovered that there was a meter out in the area I had parked in into which you could put a $10 bill and a $5 bill and then be allowed to plug into electricity for 24 hours. Since electricity is all I ever use, I decided to stay right there. It was a little lonely but they said they have security going around at night and the building was open all night. I even took a free shower in the trucker's lounge! The sunset was lovely and I liked the neat tall ball thing that said "Ohio Turnpike" on it which I was parked under. I see these balls on towers everywhere, usually with the name of the city on it. Does anyone know if they are storage towers for something (water, gas?) or just signposts?



That is a full moon rising between the Roadtrek and the base of the tower thingy.









That's a bright light --- but it could have been the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment